The Local Action Group “Dealurile Târnavelor” runs between October 2022 and October 2023 the project “PREPARATORY SUPPORT FOR JOINING QUALITY SCHEMES” funded by NRDP (National Rural Development Program) in 2014-2020, Submeasure 19.2 – Support for implementation of actions within the local development strategy.
The main purpose of the project is to enable the implementation of quality schemes for products in the territory of the Local Action Group “Dealurile Târnavelor” through awareness-raising and promotion actions, gathering of data and drafting of standard documentation over a 12-month period.
The target group consists of 100 farmers and groups of farmers, natural/legal persons, interested in obtaining access to a national and/or European quality scheme and who are registered in the Farm Registry of the municipalities within the territory of the Local Action Group “Dealurile Târnavelor” – Albești, Apold, Biertan, Daneș, Laslea, Nadeș, Saschiz and Vânători (Mureș and Sibiu Counties).
As from the second half of February 2023, 5 awareness-raising seminars will be held for the target group members on how to access quality schemes.
The application file for the seminars will consist of:
- copy of ID card
- documents proving the right of use or ownership of the holding: extract from the Farm Register for natural and legal persons (the latter must also submit a copy of the registration certificate from the National Trade Register Office)
- Statement regarding the processing of personal data (form attached)
Applications should be submitted at the headquarters of the Local Action Group “Dealurile Târnavelor” in Saschiz, 159, st. Principală, Monday through Friday, daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
For detailed information and registration, please contact: Anca Cojocaru – Expert Animator, email: email@example.com, phone number: 0747.976.022
Number of seats available for the seminars: 100. Application deadline: April 30, 2023
Planned outcomes of the project “PREPARATORY SUPPORT FOR JOINING QUALITY SCHEMES”:
- 5 awareness-raising seminars, each lasting 1 day (8 hours)
- 100 attendees at the five seminars
- One expert contracted to support the seminars and the elaboration of standard documentation for quality schemes
- conference room, lunch and coffee-break are provided for seminar attendees
- promotional materials: 25 posters, 100 flyers, 1 double roll-up, 100 personalized kits for seminar attendees, consisting of: memory-sticks, note pads, folders, pens, shoulder bag
- 1 National Quality Scheme Specifications
- 1 European Quality Scheme Specifications
Since 1992, the European Union has decided to protect several product names in order to better preserve the culinary heritage and provide farmers and producers with a fairer income. All European products awarded a quality label have unique characteristics: they are typical of the region in which they are grown or produced and, most importantly, they are of outstanding quality.
The implementation of quality schemes provides recognition of the quality of products from a given area, helps to increase the visibility of those products, generates additional income for farmers and processors and can ensure their entry or, if necessary, strengthen their position on the market by facilitating the development of high value-added products in a particular area.
Saschiz, January 16, 2023